How to Study Abroad in Mexico for Indian Students?

Do you want to study in a country that promotes quality professional education and offers an aid program to its students? If so, Mexico is the ideal country for you. Read our article on “Study Abroad in Mexico for Indian Students”

If you want to know all the necessary information to start your studies in Mexico, continue reading.

Here you will find all the information about the academic programs, job opportunities and everything this Latin American country offers you.

Visa NameLong-stay Visa for StudiesSchengen Visa (short-term visa C)
Validity:4 months – 1 year90 days
Can You work?NoNo
Cost:US$60 / $119US$96
Duration Of The Procedure:Depends on the consular officeMinimum 2 weeks
ConditionsVisa addressed to international students of any nationality who want to study in France for more than 3 months. This visa allows you to work up to 20 hours a week.Visa for foreigners of certain nationalities who wish to visit and study in France for a maximum of 3 months. This visa does not allow you to work.

How to Study Abroad in Mexico What do you need?

How to Study in Spain for Indian Students?

Guide to Study in Netherland

How to Study in France for Indian Students?

How to Study in Finalnd for Indian Students?

How to Study in USA for Indian Students?

How to Study in Denmark for Indian Students?

How to Study in South Korea for Indian Students?

How to Study in Brazil for Indian Students?

International Study Trips

How to Study in UK for Indian Students?

Top Most Expensive Universities in the World

How to Study in Ireland for Indian Students?

How to Study in Italy for Indian Students?

How to Study in Japan for Indian Students?

How to Study in Malta for Indian Students?

How to Study in Mexico for Indian Students?

How to Study in New Zealand for Indian Students?

How to Study in Norway for Indian Students?

How to Study in Sweden for Indian Students?

How to Study in Russia for Indian Students?

How to Study in Portugal for Indian Students?

Why to Study in Switzerland for Indian Students?

Everything about IELTS Exam

Everything about TOEFL Exam

Mexico is rich in culture, history, and tourism, but it also has internationally recognized universities for its comprehensive studies, specializations, and academic exchange programs. 

If you want to study at universities such as UNAM or Tec de Monterrey, Mexico is the right place for you.

Having border proximity to the United States, Mexico has become a highly sought-after destination by foreign students, not only for its study programs but also for its economic costs.

Currently, Mexico has the second most stable economy in Latin America. Its culture and customs have made every foreigner feel at home.

Every year, many applications are received by the universities of Mexico for their bachelor’s, master’s, specialization, doctorate programs and, why not?

High schools because Mexican universities are open to receiving foreigners in their classrooms, granting students academic scholarships thanks to the agreements signed with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Mexican agency for international cooperation for development.

Mexican universities are leaders in Latin America due to the high employability rates of graduates from more than 2,000 institutes and universities in Mexico. 

Like many countries, Mexico requires international students to present a valid passport and a student temporary resident visa that they can apply for at the Foreign Relations Secretariat of the Mexican embassy in your country of origin.

Types of Visas

To study in Mexico, there is only one type of student visa, and it is the temporary resident student visa that has the following characteristics:

  • It is granted to foreign citizens who wish to carry out university studies, master’s degrees, doctorates and specializations in Mexico for a time greater than 180 days.
  • The student must have a letter of acceptance issued by a Mexican university with all the data of the study program to be carried out
  • This visa will allow you to carry out remunerative activities in the country with prior authorization from the National Migration Institute.

Mexico is a country that openly allows the entry of foreigners for tourism, so it does not request a tourist visa from many countries worldwide. You only have to process the migratory form of tourist, transmigrant, visiting business person or advisory visitor. You can obtain this form at travel agencies or upon entering the country.

However, if you belong to any of these countries, you must apply for a tourist visa. This visa is granted for recreational purposes, business or any unpaid activity in Mexico that does not exceed 180 days (6 months). You must request it at the Mexican consulate in your country under the visitor visa format.

Note: You can work while studying with the student’s temporary resident visa. If you finish your studies and continue working, you can apply for permanent residence in Mexican territory.

If you want more information about how to study in Mexico, we invite you to continue reading the article.

How much does it Cost to Study in Mexico?

Shared room in the capital $860
Shared room in another city$400
2 bedroom apartment in the capital$1200
2 bedroom apartment in another city$800
Bus or Metro ticket$2
Ticket to the Cinema$6
A beer in a bar$5
A beer at the supermarket$1
Typical Street Food$9
Food in a restaurant$12
Medical consultation$69
Average Life per Month$1500

Mexico is a very large country with 32 states; it stands out for its cultural richness, tourist sites and great beaches. But, without a doubt, their universities also have great recognition due to the high level of preparation and great job positions that graduates of their universities have.

Although studying in Mexico is not as expensive as in the United States. You are exposed not only to the expenses of university tuition, but you must also consider expenses such as accommodation (flats or apartments), food, school supplies, health, travel, and entertainment, among others.

It will also depend on the university you want to enter (public or private) and the state where you decide to reside. For example, one of the most expensive universities in Mexico is the Pan-American University of Mexico City, with a tuition of $1,600 (approximately $32,000). 

If you are interested in studying at ITESM, you will have to pay a tuition of $1,300 (25,756 Mexican pesos) without counting the cost of student insurance, which is around $500.

See also  Everything About NDA Exam | Syllabus | Eligibility | Question Papers

However, studying at a public university can be much cheaper since a full degree can cost around $1,500 (MXN 30,000), including study material and books. Is it a big difference, right? Everything will depend on the university that accepts your application for admission.

Many private universities grant scholarships to their students that can cover the partial cost of the degree. For example, the ITESM to the most outstanding students can give you a scholarship of 60 or 80% of the cost of the degree. It will allow you to study at a private university of great prestige.

Cost of Living in Mexico

As for housing costs, it will depend on the area in which you reside.

The most expensive cities to rent are the following:

  • San Pedro Garza Garcia, Nuevo Leon
  • Zapopan, Jalisco
  • Cozumel, Quintana Roo
  • Tijuana Baja California
  • Mexico City (CDMX)

Renting an apartment in these cities ranges from $300 to $5,000 ($6,000 to 100,000 Mexican pesos). Now, suppose you rent in states like Tlaxcala, Guerrero, Baja California, Michoacán or Guanajuato.

In that case, you will find that the rent for a 2-bedroom apartment ranges from USD 150 to $400 ($3,000 to 8,000 Mexican pesos).

As you can see, the costs will depend on the university you enrol in and the state where you decide to live. These two aspects are important when starting your studies in Mexico since you must have the financial capacity to pay for all expenses.

Can you Study in Mexico for free?

For a ‘Indian’ to be able to study “for free in Mexico”, they must have an academic scholarship granted by the Mexican government, which exempts them from paying the full amount of tuition.

However, this does not mean you should not pay anything at the university. It will only allow you to keep your fees low (as with private universities).

Suppose you have been admitted to a public university. In that case, you will only pay a “voluntary cost” for administrative expenses.

You will only have to worry about residence, food and medical insurance costs. Still, the good news is that if you have an excellent academic performance, you can opt for a scholarship that will allow you to cover the following expenses:

  • Program Tuition
  • Monthly maintenance allowance
  • Health insurance
  • Mexican visa costs

It is important to mention that the amount of the monthly maintenance allowance will vary depending on the university, the study program and the academic level. In the case of private universities, scholarships range from 60% to 90% of the total cost of the degree. 

Mexico is a country that supports education, which is why, through the Ministry of Public Education (SEP), scholarship and student support programs are developed for Mexican and international students to support them in the following academic programs:

  • Bachelor / Undergraduate
  • Specialization
  • master’s degree
  • Doctorate
  • Medical specialities and subspecialties

Now that you know that you can study in Mexico with many facilities, you can start applying to the Mexican university of your choice.

Some Universities, UNAM, UNADM, IPN, UVEG, UACH, UDG Virtual, UDEMEX, UJAT, UAEMEX, BUAP, UNACH, UJED and UAEM, are offering virtual study programs. You can complete your degree online from wherever you are for free and with official validity from the SEP.

Study at the University in Mexico

Studying in Mexico is a unique experience since not only can you access the most prestigious universities in Latin America, but you will also be surrounded by beautiful beaches, very friendly people and exquisite culture.

Mexican universities are pioneers in innovation and training great influencers worldwide. In addition, it offers its students all the tools to receive a quality education that allows them to stand out in society.

And from schools, young people are prepared to face university challenges with excellence and dedication, allowing them to adopt new cultures and international experiences by teaching foreign languages.

If you prepare in other languages, your university admission will be even easier, although it is not an exclusive requirement, so don’t worry!

Annually, the universities of the Mexican territory receive approximately 10,000 international students, with the highest income coming from France, the United States, Spain, Germany, Colombia, Canada, Australia, Korea, Argentina and the Netherlands.

A career in Mexico can last from 2 to 6 years. Online bachelor’s and technical degrees typically last 3-4 years, and professional degrees 4-6 years. It all depends on the university or institute you want to enter.

In Mexico, there are 6 official types of institutions:

  • State public institutions
  • Institutions dependent on the federal government
  • Autonomous public universities
  • Independent private institutions
  • Private universities with official validity
  • Institutions without official validity

Each requires a series of requirements, but they are not different from each other.

Below you will find the general requirements that universities request from international students.

What are the universities going to ask you? – Requirements

The general requirements that you will be asked to enter a public university:

  • Submit the student temporary stay visa
  • Revalidation of studies
  • Present general knowledge admission exam (private)
  • Take the National Higher Education Entrance Examination EXANI II (public)
  • Apostilled high school diploma
  • Legalization and homologation of academic documents processed before the Ministry of Education of the country of origin
  • Demonstration of financial solvency (proof of scholarship or sponsor)
  • Birth certificate or identity document (passport)
  • 3×4 children’s size photography
  • Signed enrollment application.

What is the process to be accepted?

The processes that you must carry out to be accepted at a university in Mexico are the following:

  1. Revalidate your high school studies. You must have your baccalaureate legalized or apostilled to enter a university career. This is to be recognized in the Mexican territory, and you can obtain the career licenses before the Ministry of Public Education (SEP). Revalidating your high school studies costs 37.00 Mexican pesos or its equivalent in dollars $1.85. You can do this procedure on the page of the Mexican government.
  2. Register formally for the admission test. You must request the admission form at the university of your choice and, together with it, carry out the procedures corresponding to the registration to present the admission test.

Submit the admission test. You must be prepared to take the selection test requested by the university. In the case of Mexico, the type of test may vary depending on the type of university to which you apply (public or private).

Most have their admission system, but some universities may take the EXANII II test, EXCOBA, ESHCOBA or the Academic Aptitude Test (PAA).

. Receive your acceptance letter to the university. Once you pass the selection exam, you will be one step away from fulfilling your dreams: entering university. After receiving the test results, you can continue with the registration process by submitting the abovementioned documents.

As you can see, studying in Mexico does not mean a great journey in terms of requirements (unlike in the United States and other countries), so if you meet all the requirements, studying in Mexico will be extremely easy.

To study in Mexico, you need to have a student visa. For this reason, we will indicate below how to obtain a temporary resident student visa.

Visas to Study in Mexico

Have you already decided that you want to study in a country that promotes Latin American culture and education? Continue reading to learn about the types of visas, their requirements and the process you must carry out to fulfil your objective.

Student Temporary Resident Visa

If you want to study in Mexico, you must consider that the main requirement that you must have is a student temporary resident visa. You can have a long-term professional career and work legally in Mexican territory.

If you do not have a student temporary resident visa, you will NOT be able to enrol in any Mexican university. This type of visa authorizes the foreign citizen to remain in Mexican territory for the duration of the study programs. 

See also  Study in Denmark for Indian Students

It is important to note that, with this visa, you can have the right to enter and leave the territory whenever you want, it lasts for one year, and you can renew it annually as long as you demonstrate permanence in your studies. You can do this procedure at the Mexican consulates in your country of origin.

In the following lines, we list the requirements and the process you must follow to obtain a temporary student resident visa in Mexico.

What do I need? – Requirements

  1.  Original and simple copy of the valid passport
  2. Submit the visa application form correctly filled out
  3. Submit a recent passport size colour photograph (not older than 30 days), with a white background and front view, visible face and without glasses
  4. Original letter of acceptance from the institution belonging to the National Educational System. The letter must have the following:
    1. Full name of the person concerned
    1. Level, grade and area of ​​study
    1. Course name
    1. Start and end date
    1. Tuition cost
    1. Identification data of the educational institution.
  5. Demonstrate with original documents that you have the financial solvency to pay for studies, health, housing and other expenses you generate during the degree. As additional information, you should know that they may ask you for bank statements or, if you are a creditor of a scholarship, the documents that guarantee the amount of money received for this concept.

Important:  If you are under 25 years of age, you can check the economic solvency of your parents, guardian or whoever has parental authority. That will include bank statements, and payment receipts, among others.

6. In the case of being a beneficiary of a scholarship, you will not have to demonstrate financial solvency since the consular office will carry out the corresponding procedures for the visa under the authorization of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Once you have all the documents ready, you will be ready to go through the student temporary resident visa process.


  1. You must request an appointment to carry out the procedures before the Mexican consulate in your country.
  2. Go to the Mexican consulate on the day and time of the assigned appointment to deliver the documents above and conduct the consular interview.
  3. You will have to pay $40 for the student visa procedures.
  4. Once the interview is approved, your passport and student visa will be given to you.

Important:  If you have all the requested requirements, you can receive the visa stamped in your passport on the same day. However, if the consular authorities request additional documents, the process could take 10 business days.

And that simple, you can get the visa. Then? What are you waiting for to start your studies in Mexico?

Can You Study and Work?

The good news is that you can work and study with a student temporary residence visa. To do this, you must request authorization from the National Migration Institute to carry out paid activities within Mexican territory by presenting the visa.

The procedure that you must carry out before the National Migration Institute is as follows:

  • Correctly fill out the format of the immigration procedure electronically. You can do it directly at the following link.
  • Present the current temporary resident or student temporary resident card
  • Deliver proof of payment for the amount of $3,207.00 or its equivalent in dollars of $159.35
  • Consign a letter of job offer on letterhead with the company’s details, activity to be performed, time of validity and the details of the employer’s registration certificate.

Tourist visa

Mexico is a country that complies with certain protocols for the issuance of visas for tourism in the country because there are very few countries that must comply with this requirement to enter the country.

In general, citizens who want to stay for a period not exceeding 180 days (6 months) doing tourism, or short courses, which do not include paid work.

They will only have to present a valid passport and immigration form for tourists that you can obtain in the travel agency or even when entering the country.

It is important to note that this visa does not permit you to pursue higher studies at the country’s universities or work. You will only have the opportunity to take short courses, visit family and friends, and travel throughout the country.

The countries that do NOT need a tourist visa to enter Mexico are:

  • Europe. Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Switzerland, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, Finland, Greece, French Guiana, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Malta, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, United Kingdom of Great Britain, Romania, Czech Republic, Sweden.
  • Asia. Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Israel, and Singapore.
  • Oceania. Australia, Marshall Islands, Mariana Islands, New Zealand,
  • America. Argentina, Chile, Canada, Colombia, Uruguay, Venezuela, Panama, the United States of America, Brazil, Belize, Costa Rica, Peru, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Greenland, and Jamaica.

What do I need? – Requirements

The requirements you need to enter the Mexican territory without a visa are only the following:

  • Valid passport.
  • FMM duly filled.

In addition, the agent may request additional documents that prove that the tourist’s entry into the country does not require permanent residence, such as the following:

  • Hotel reservation, one-way tickets and itineraries.
  • In the case of short-term courses, submit the letter of acceptance issued by the educational institution belonging to the National Educational System to carry out academic programs whose duration does not exceed one hundred and eighty (180) days.

Countries that require a visa to enter Mexico

The countries that require a visa to enter Mexican territory are:

  • Europe. Albania, Azerbaijan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Belarus, Russia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldova, Serbia, Holy See, Turkey, and Ukraine.
  • Asia. Afghanistan, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, China, North Korea, Cambodia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan, Saudi Arabia, Laos, Lebanon, Mongolia, Maldives, United Arab Emirates, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Sri Lanka, Syria, Thailand, East Timor, Turkmenistan, Thailand, East Timor, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
  • Africa. Angola, Algeria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Botswana, Benin, Cape Verde, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Comoros, Cameroon, Congo, Chad, Congo, Dem. Rep. (Zaire), Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Gambia, Guinea, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Kuwait, Liberia, Lesotho, Libya, Morocco, Madagascar, Mauritius, Malawi, Mauritania, Mozambique, Mali, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Central African Republic, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Somalia, Senegal, South Africa, Seychelles, Sudan, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Togo, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
  • Oceania. Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Western Samoa, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
  • America. Antigua and Barbuda, Bolivia, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Lucia, Suriname.

What do I need? – Requirements

If you belong to one of the countries mentioned above, you must present the following documentation:

  • L1 format duly completed.
  • Passport with a minimum validity of six (6) months from the expected date of entry
  • Letter of acceptance issued by the educational institution indicating the study program to be carried out and the duration NOT greater than 180 days
  • Copies of account statements for the three months before the date of application
  • Round-trip airline tickets and travel itinerary or an electronic ticket containing that information.
  • Colour passport size photograph (minimum size 32.0 millimeters x 26.0 millimeters; maximum size 39.0 millimeters x 31.0 millimeters; white background; without glasses)
  • Photostatic copy of the following documents:
  • the main page of the passport;
    • Document national identity;
    • any previous Mexican visa;
    • Valid visa from any other country. If the documents are in a language other than Spanish or English, then you need to translate your documents.
  • Schedule the appointment for the interview
  • Submit the corresponding payment for the visa process for a value of $36


  • Gather all the required documentation. This is an important step since the process will be automatically rejected if you do not have all the documentation.
  • Request the appointment at the consulate of the country of origin. Once you request the appointment, you must attend on the day and time indicated.
  • Make the payment of USD 36.00 for the visa process.
See also  How to Study In Ireland For Indian Students?

Can you study and work?

With the tourist visa, you cannot carry out remunerative activities unless you work for a transnational company based in Mexico and issue a letter stating that you are making a business trip fully paid for by the company.

Otherwise, you will not be able to carry out any type of work activity, and, in the case of studies, you will only be able to take courses that do not exceed 180 statutory days.

In which universities Can I study in Mexico?

Currently, many Mexican universities accept international students on their campuses to promote cultural diversity. The enrollment of international students in these universities is around 30% annually, so if you decide to study in Mexico, this is excellent news.

The best Mexican universities for international students are the following:

  • National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)
  • Tecnologico de Monterrey (ITESM)
  • Michoacan University of San Nicolas de Hidalgo
  • University of Guadalajara (UDG)
  • UANL – Autonomous University of Nuevo Leon
  • National Polytechnic Institute (IPN)
  • UAM – Autonomous Metropolitan University
  • University of Guanajuato
  • University of the Americas Puebla (UDLAP)
  • Meritorious Autonomous University of Puebla
  • Anahuac University
  • Autonomous University of San Luis Potosi
  • UIA – Iberoamerican University (UIA)
  • Autonomous Mexico State University
  • Autonomous University of Baja California
  • Autonomous Technological Institute of Mexico (ITAM)

Public Universities in Mexico

  • University of Guadalajara
  • Metropolitan Autonomous University
  • ITEM
  • UNAM
  • National Polytechnic Institute
  • The most sought Private Universities in Mexico
  • Anahuac University
  • La salle university
  • Tecnologico de Monterrey
  • Iberoamerican University

Study Spanish in Mexico University

In theory, many countries can take Spanish courses in Mexico without needing a visa (the duration of the program should not be more than 6 months).

Now, if you want to study a short-term course and do not belong to the alliance of countries that do not require a visa to enter Mexican territory or the Schengen treaty, you will have to apply for a tourist visa.

Study Spanish in Mexico University

In theory, many countries can take Spanish courses in Mexico without needing a visa (the duration of the program should not be more than 6 months).

Now, if you want to study a short-term course and do not belong to the alliance of countries that do not require a visa to enter Mexican territory or the Schengen treaty, you will have to apply for a tourist visa. Suppose you desire to study Spanish for a long time. In that case, you need to obtain a temporary resident student visa so that you can study legally in Mexico and thus obtain study certificates. You can even apply to study at a Mexican university.

What do I need? – Requirements

The requirements or documents necessary to obtain the temporary resident or tourist visa are the same as those mentioned above, as the case may be.


Like the requirements, the process of applying for a temporary resident visa or tourist visa is similar to the abovementioned points.

In the case of belonging to the countries that do not require a visa to enter Mexico, you will only have to present the passport, the travel itinerary and the migration form.

Where can I study Spanish in Mexico?

Nowadays, many language academies teach Spanish in the Mexican territory. Despite being a Spanish-speaking country, the number of foreigners who set foot in the territory is increasing, especially Americans who have a border route with Mexico.

The primary schools or academies to study Spanish in Mexico as a tourist  are the following:

  • Mexico City Walkspanish
  • BCS Spanish Language School
  • Spanish Center Merida
  • Plateros Spanish School
  • IMAC Spanish Language Programs
  • ESL Academy
  • LSI Education

On the other hand, if you have a student temporary resident visa, you can study the language at universities such as:

  • UNAM
  • Monterey Tech
  • Autonomous University of Queretaro
  • UAM
  • University of Guadalajara
  • Meritorious Autonomous University of Puebla

What are the language institutes or academies going to ask you- Requirements

  • Tourist visa for short courses or student temporary resident visa for long courses.
  • If you are going to do it as a specialization, they will ask you for a baccalaureate degree
  • Pay the registration and first tuition of the program (as the case may be)

In Mexico, many academies can help you with the visa process to fulfil your dreams of learning to study Spanish.

What is the process to be accepted?

  • Select the language school or academy where you want to study. It is important that before entering the country, you know in which academy you want to study Spanish since the budget you have and the duration will greatly influence it. Remember that if you do not have a student visa, you must consider that you can only stay 180 days in the country.
  • Pay the registration fee. Doing a short Spanish course in Mexico can cost $70 to $500, so you should consider this when making your budget.

If you meet all these requirements, you can study Spanish in Mexico in the most comfortable, easy and safe way.

Scholarships to Study in Mexico

Mexico is a country that supports the foreign student population with academic scholarships so that they can study in Mexican territory.

This is support granted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mexico to encourage the foreign population to carry out any of the academic programs taught in the country, among which are:

undergraduate, bachelor’s degrees, technical careers, doctorates, and postgraduate degrees, among others.

Scholarship calls are made considering the high-achieving student population in more than 180 countries, thanks to bilateral, multilateral and special agreements between these countries and the Mexican government.

In general, the scholarships are valid for specific periods depending on the study program to be carried out:

  • Bachelor’s degree. 4 years.
  • Research at the master’s, doctoral and post-doctoral levels. 12 months.
  • Specialization. 1 year.
  • Master’s degree 2 years.
  • Doctorate. 3 or 4 years.

The scholarships granted to foreigners in Mexico are the following:

  • Mexican Agency for International Cooperation for Development (AMEXCID). It is a scholarship that covers all academic programs: bachelor’s, doctorate, masters and specialization. Annually it opens the calls in July for students from more than 180 countries worldwide.
  • National Council of Science and Technology Scholarship (CONACYT). It is the scholarship granted to those international students who want to participate in the more than 1,800 doctoral, masters and speciality programs recognized in the National Quality Postgraduate Program (PNPC).

Note: Applications will be made from abroad through the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID) official pages and the National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT).

Study and Work in Mexico

Suppose you have a Temporary Resident Student visa. In that case, you will be able to study and work legally in Mexico simultaneously without setbacks since this document grants you legal permanence in the country while you are doing your higher-level studies.

So, don’t worry if you have job offers while you’re studying because you can accept them with total confidence and, even more so, when you have to carry out professional internships in your field of study.

Have you finished your studies and want to stay and work in Mexico?

If you have already finished studying for a university degree, your Temporary Resident Student visa will expire. You will not be able to stay legally in the country.

However, all is not lost because thanks to the fact that you were able to graduate from a Mexican university, you will most likely have a job offer that will allow you to obtain Permanent Residence in Mexico.

To get Permanent Residence in Mexico, you must have the following requirements:

Requirements to obtain a work visa

  1. Valid passport
  2. A child-sized photograph
  3. Be nationals of the country where they apply for the visa or prove a legal stay.
  4. economic solvency
  5. Cover the payment of corresponding rights in the form and amount indicated by the Federal Rights Law. In this case, you must pay MXN 1,365.00 ($69.00) for receipt of the application, and if approved, you must pay MXN 5,206.00 ($261.00).

If I Study in Mexico can I work in USA?


The approval of this visa is very easy if you have already stayed for 4 years in the Mexican territory. To do this, you must check all the activities you have carried out in the country during your stay. With this visa, you will be able to carry out all the activities as a legal resident of Mexico (continue studying, work, and have bank accounts, among others).

Mexico is a great country to carry out academic programs due to its scholarship programs, recognized universities, affordable prices and great work program for university graduates.

Leave a Comment