Pradhan Mantri Saubhagya yojana program is an Indian government project that provides Electricity to households and was announced by Modi in September 2017. Under this ambitious program, if all the Economically Poor People (EWS) in the country are not connected to Electricity and live without Electricity, the connection to Electricity will be provided to them free of charge by the central government. Through this article, Prime Minister Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana, You will get detailed information like purpose, eligibility, the application process, benefits, and status.
Pradhan Mantri Saubhagya Yojana
Through Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana/Saubhagya, free electricity connections will be provided to all rural households (APL and BPL). Pradhanmantri Saubhagya Yojana will also be provided in urban areas. There are approximately 4 million non-electrified households in the country, and they have been targeted to provide electricity connections by December 2018. The Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) has been appointed as its nodal agency for Saubhaya Yojana.
A web portal (www.saubhagya.gov.in) to expedite and monitor the process of electrification under Saubhagya (www.saubhagya.gov.in) was launched by Shri RK Singh on 16th November 2017, Minister of State ( IC) Electricity and New and Renewable Energy, Saubhay Web Portal was designed and developed to disseminate information on household electrification status (State, District, Village), household progress. Date, State Wise Target Vs. Achieved Monthly Electrification Progress, etc.
Key Points from Pradhan Mantri Saubhagya Yojana
|scheme name||Pradhan Mantri Saubhagya Yojana|
|initiated||by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi|
|Release date||September 25, 2017|
|Beneficiary||poor families in the country|
|Objective||Free electricity connection for the poor|
|Application system||In line|
Litter of Prime Minister Saubhagya Yojana
Here we provide you complete information about the scope of Pradhanmantri Saubhagya Yojana.
- Provide last mile connectivity and electricity connections to all non-electrified households in rural areas.
Stand-alone solar photovoltaic (SPV) for non-electrified households located in remote and inaccessible villages/dwellings
- Provide a system, where network expansion is not possible or cost effective.
- Provide last mile connectivity and power connections to all remaining unelectrified economically poor households in urban areas. Non-poor urban households are excluded from the scheme.
Prime Minister Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana budget
Type of support
Support quantum (%)
Other than Special Category States
Special Category States
Government of India
Contribution from public services/State
Additional Grant from Government of India for Completion of Prescribed Milestones
50% of the total loan component (30%) i.e. 15%
50% of the total loan component (10%) i.e. 5%
Maximum grant by Government of India (including additional grant on achievement of prescribed milestones)
Features of Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana
- Potential beneficiary families of free electricity connection under the program will be identified using SECC 2011 data. However, unelectrified households not covered by SCC data will also benefit from an electricity connection under the program. Program upon payment of Rs. 500, which DISCOM will recover in 10 installments via the electricity bill.
- Electrical connections in non-electrified households include the provision of energy meters, including utility line cables, prepaid/smart meters, and single-point wiring. LED lamps and related accessories comply with technical specifications and manufacturing standards.
- In the case of non-electrified households located in remote and inaccessible areas, power supplies of 200 to 300 Wp (with battery) with a maximum of 5 LED lights, 1 DC Fan, 1 DC power socket, etc. can be supplied with provision Huh. Repair and maintenance for five years.
- Under the DDUGJY program, all private sector DISCOMs, the National Department of Electricity, and Cooperative Renewable Energy Societies will be eligible for financial assistance.
- Some eligible establishments are not yet available to provide free connections to BPL families already approved under the DDUGJY.
- Suppose these units are unable to find a sufficient number of BPL families in the project area. In that case, this number of families will not be taken into account to finance the cost of connection to the service under Saubhagya to avoid duplication.
- Consumers’ contact details, name and Aadhaar number/mobile phone number/bank account/driver’s license/voter’s card, etc., if available, will be collected by DISCOM.
- Defaulters whose connections have been disconnected should not benefit from the regime. However, utilities may consider settling old fees and recombining by standards.
Eligibility and application documents for Pradhan Mantri Saubhagya Yojana
If you Pradhanmantri Saubhagya Yojana If you wish to benefit from it, you must have the following eligibility criteria and the required documents.
- The request must come from a low-income family whose house has no electricity.
- This free electricity will be given to the poor, whose names will be registered in the socio-economic census.
- The country’s poor, whose names will not be recorded in the census. They will have to pay Rs 500 for this, which they can pay in 10 installments.
|Map of Adar||panoramic map||proof of address|
|Cell number||residence certificate||passport size photo|
List of selected areas under Pradhan Mantri Saubhagya Yojana
- Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
- northeast states
Prime Minister Saubhagya Yojana’s online candidacy process
If you Pradhanmantri Saubhagya Yojana If you want to apply, you need to follow the following steps.
- First of all, you need to go to the official website of Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana, after which the homepage will open in front of you. As shown below-
- Here you “Guest” You need to click on the option. As shown above.
- After that, you “identify” You need to click on the option. By clicking here, a page will open in front of you.
- Here you need to enter your role ID and password. And then, you have to click on the connect button. This way, you can register.
- You can now get all the information related to electricity on this portal.
How to Download PM Saubhagya Yojana Mobile App
- For this, you must first do it on your smartphone. Google play store will have to open
- in the playstore search box Prime Minister Saubhagya Yojana; you have to enter.
- After entering the information, click the search button.
- By clicking, a list will appear in front of you.
- Here you know good Luck apps have to choose from.
- Right now, you need to install it on your phone through the install option.
- It will be downloaded to your phone, and you can use it.
Implementation of Prime Minister Saubhagya Yojana
The government will identify the beneficiaries, and they will also be registered. After registration, the electrical connection request form will be completed using the applicant’s photograph accompanied by the identity card. Along with this, public institutions through Gram Panchayat and Kshetra Panchayat will also be responsible for filling the application form with the documents.
Pradhan Mantri Saubhagya Yojana Helpline Number
Pradhanmantri Saubhagya Yojana If I am facing any type of problem related to the application or any other type, you can solve your problem by contacting the helpline number provided by the government. Its detailed information is given below.
Saubhagya’s toll-free helpline number: 1800-121-5555
For full support number details => Click here
18004251033 8362324307/1912 18004251916/1917
1800-233-2670 1800-233-3003 1912, 19122/23/34
(91-663) 2430892, 2430895 06782-320868, 261509
18004250028 1912 +91-4023433545
Jammu and Kashmir
0389 2321650 0385 2322174 0385 2310169