Entrepreneurship is not developing at the expected rate and due to this reason, there is unemployment in the country. In order to tackle this situation, the government of India has launched a national livestock Mission. Through the National livestock Mission (NLM) 2022 employment will be generated.
Other than that entrepreneurship will be developed and an increase in per animal productivity will also be done. This article covers all the important aspects of a national livestock mission 2022 like its objective, benefits, features, eligibility, required documents, application procedure etc. So if you want to benefit from the National Livestock Mission (NLM) then you have to go through this article very carefully till the end.
About National Livestock Mission 2022
In the Department of animal husbandry and dairying, the government of India launched a National Livestock Mission in the year 2014-15. Through this mission, employment will be generated through entrepreneurship development and increasing per animal productivity which will help in increased production of meat, goat milk, egg, and wool.
The excess in production will uplift the export earnings after meeting the domestic demand. This scheme has been launched in order to develop the entrepreneurs to create the forward and backward linkage for the product that is available in the unorganized sector and to link the unorganized sector with the organized sector. An increase in per capita productivity will be done through breed improvement.
Promotion of skill-based training and dissemination of technologies for reducing the cost of production and improving the production of livestock will be done. Other than that establishment would be encouraged for fodder processing units to reduce the demand-supply gap.
Objective Of National Livestock Mission
The main objective of the National Livestock Mission is to generate employment through entrepreneurship development in the small ruminant, poultry and piggery sector, and fodder sector. This scheme focuses on increasing per animal productivity which will be done through breed improvement. Other than that increase in the production of meat, egg, goat milk, wool and fodder will also be done.
This scheme will also ensure the availability of fodder and feed in order to substantially reduce the demand. The establishment will be encouraged fodder processing units in order to reduce the demand-supply gap. Risk management measures will be taken including livestock insurance for farmers. The applied research will also be promoted in Prioritised areas.
Key Highlights Of the National Livestock Mission
|Name Of The Scheme||National Livestock Mission|
|Launched By||Government Of India|
|Beneficiary||Citizens Of India|
|Objective||To Generate Employment|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Benefits And Features Of the National Livestock Mission
- In the Department of animal husbandry and dairying, the government of India launched National Livestock Mission in the year 2014-15.
- Through this mission, employment will be generated through entrepreneurship development and increasing per animal productivity
- This scheme will help in increasing the production of meat, goat milk, egg and wool.
- The excess in production will uplift the export earnings after meeting the domestic demand.
- This scheme has been launched in order to develop the entrepreneurs to create the forward and backward linkage for the product that is available in the unorganised sector
- Through this scheme, the unorganised sector will be linked with the organised sector.
- An increase in per capita productivity will be done through breed improvement.
- Promotion of skill-based training and dissemination of technologies for reducing the cost of production and improving the production of livestock will be done.
- Other than that establishment would be encouraged for fodder processing units to reduce the demand-supply gap.
National Livestock Mission Design
Sub mission on breed development of livestock and poultry-
through this mission in the sector of poultry, sheep, goat, and piggery sharp focus on entrepreneurship development and breed improvement will be done by providing incentives to the individuals, FPOS, FCO, JLGS, SHG, and section 8 companies for entrepreneurship development and also the state government in order to improve the breed for future infrastructure
Sub mission on feed and fodder development-
The aim of this submission is to strengthen the fodder seed chain in order to improve the availability of certified fodder seed required for fodder production and encourage entrepreneurs the establishment of fodder units by providing incentives
Sub mission on innovation and extension-
This mission focuses to provide incentives to the institutes, universities, and organizations in order to carry out research and development activities that are related to the sheep, goat, pig, feed, and fodder sector, extension activities, livestock insurance, and innovation. The government is going to provide incentives for this mission
Implementing Agency Of National Livestock Mission
- The implementing agency of the national livestock Mission is the state implementation agency established under the state animal husbandry department
- The state animal husbandry department is required to identify the agency which is already established for the implementation of the national livestock mission or the state animal husbandry department is required to establish the state implementing agency
- The state government is required to notify the state implementing agency to the Department of animal husbandry and dairying
- The central share will be channelised through the state implementing agency
Functions Of The State Implementation Agency
- State implementing agencies are required to invite the names of entrepreneurs or eligible entities to the expression of interest
- The application submitted by the beneficiaries will be scrutinised and the state implementing agency will recommend the applications of beneficiaries in order to avail Balance financing for the project through the scheduled banks and financial institutions
- After the funding for the entrepreneurship component through financing for Loan, portion is committed then the same will be placed before the state-level executive committee for the approval
- After the approval, the project will be sent to the central government through the portal
- The implementing agency is required to send proposals other than the entrepreneurship project for seeking central share through an online portal
- For monitoring the projects the state implementing agency will be responsible
Monitoring Of National Livestock Mission
- National Livestock Mission will be monitored through a management information system in order to maintain data and online monitoring
- The assets will be monitored through GI tagging
- The implementation of the scheme will be reviewed at the national Review meeting, regional review meeting and state review meeting
- A project management agency will also be set up in order to assist in the implementation of this scheme
- Transparency in the scheme monitoring will be maintained by involving the Panchayati Raj institutions like members of gram panchayats at the village level and Panchayat Samiti at the block level and the district Panchayat at the district level.
- Other than that Pashu Sakhi under the national rural livelihood Mission will be utilised for feedback on the project
- For breed improvement, identifying the sources the Pashu Sakhi will be involved
- State implementation agencies are also required to submit a physical progress reports for the projects which are under the central share
- The financial progress report will also be submitted as per the prescribed format
Project Approval Of Entrepreneurship Programme
- The beneficiaries are required to submit the application through the portal to the state implementing agency in response to the expression of interest which is issued by the state implementation agency
- The submitted application will be scrutinised by the state implementation agency and will be recommended for sanction of loan
- After the recommendation, the project will be considered by the bank for financing
- Once the beneficiaries obtain the finance then the state implementing agency will place the same to the state-level executive committee for recommending the application to the central government
- The department will approve the project through the project approval committee and funding subsidy amount for the above project through the small industries development bank of India to the lending bank or financial institution as the case may be
Approval Of The Projects Which Are Submitted By Central Agency, University Farms etc
- The concerned agencies and university farms will submit the proposal to the national livestock mission division through their parent organisation
- The parent organisation will approve and recommend the project before forwarding it to the national livestock Mission division seeking assistance
- On the receipt of the application, the project approval committee which is established under the chairmanship of the joint secretary will approve the project depending on the feasibility and viability of the project
- The concerned agency or university farm is required to inform the physical and financial progress of the scheme to the national livestock Mission division in every quarter
Funding And Fund Flow Of The Scheme
- The national livestock mission is consist of both centrally sponsored components and central sector components
- The department will also provide funding to the State implementation agency towards the administrative costs for inviting proposal
- The subsidy amount will be channelised through the small industries development bank of India
- A memorandum of understanding will be signed with SIDBI regarding the managing of subsidies, transfer of subsidies to the lending banks and financial institution
- The administrative cost will be provided to SIDBI for working as a fund channelising agency for the administrative program
- It is the liability of SIDBI to submit all the information and utilisation of funds transferred to them
- The modalities will be decided by the Department for fund channelising work with SIDBI
- The subsidy amount will be provided to the scheduled bank or financial institution
- The first instalment of subsidy will be released after the first instalment of the loan
- The funds for centrally sponsored components of the scheme under the submission will be released to the state government’s RBI account
- The state government will transfer the funds to the account of the state nodal agency within 21 days and the state share to be released within 40 days
Ranking Of The States For Performance
The states will be ranked according to their performance. The parameters of performance are as follows:-
- Number of units established under entrepreneurship programme
- Number of jobs created through such entrepreneurship development
- Quantity of fodder seeds produced and improvement of fodder production
- The number of farmers benefited
- Number of livestock insured under the insurance program
- The Number of innovative projects promoted and actually implemented
- Creation of awareness amongst the farmers and youth for the scheme
- Timely utilisation of funds released by the department as central share
- Project implementation time
- Timely release of state share
- Increase in production of egg, meat and wool in the state
- Increase in availability of good germplasm through the entrepreneurship programme
Eligibility Criteria Of National Livestock Mission
- Applicant must have received training or have trained expert or have sufficient expertise in the relevant field in order to manage and run the project or have a technical expert with sufficient experience in the relevant field for managing and running the project
- The applicant must have all the relevant documents for KYC
- entrepreneurs or eligible entities should have their own land or lease land where the project will be established
- applicant have got the sanctioned loan for the project by the bank or financial institution furnished bank guarantee from the scheduled bank along with the approval of Project for its validity by the bank where it is holding account
- Aadhaar card
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Ration card
- Residence certificate
- Income certificate
- Proof of age etc
Apply Under National Livestock Mission
- First of all, go to the Department of animal husbandry and dairying
- Now take the application form for the national livestock Mission from there
- You have to fill all the required details like your name, mobile number, email ID etc in this form
- Now you have to attach all the required documents
- After that, you have to submit this form to the Department of animal husbandry and dairying
- By following this procedure you can apply the national livestock mission
- The home page will open before you
- On the homepage, you are required to click on feedback
- The feedback form will appear before you
- In this feedback form, you have to enter the feedback topic, name email ID and feedback
- Now you have to click on submit
- By following this procedure you can give feedback
View Contact Details
- Visit the official website of the Department of animal husbandry and dairying
- The homepage will open before you
- now you are required to click on contact us
- A new page will appear before you
- On this page, you can view contact details