So whether you’re looking for ways to live a more natural life or want to cut back on household expenses, this may be the alternative you’re looking for.
Once we have our soap ready to use, it was time to get down working and turning it in to make detergent powder at home for the washing machine. This can be done in two ways, one is to make soap powder, and the other to melt it in water to make liquid soap, and it’s like I did today, the ingredients are the same in both cases, the only thing that changes in the process.
HOW TO MAKE DETERGENT POWDER AT HOME
1 Bar of homemade soap
1 cup of Borax
1/2 cup of Washing soda
2 cups of cold water
2 gallons of hot water
- Grate the bar of soap with the finest part of the grater.
- Place the 2 cups of cold water in a pot and bring to the heat.
- When the water boils, add the grated soap, reduce the heat and stir until the soap dissolves completely and remove from the heat.
- Transfer to a container with a capacity of at least 3 gallons and add the borax and washing soda, interweave well until everything dissolves.
- Add the remaining 2 gallons of hot water and stir.
- Finally, we put 30 or 40 drops of essential oil of your choice (optional)
- And mix for a few minutes.
- When the mixture cools we put it in containers with a lid.
- Use 1/2 cup of soap per wash.
- In our case this bar soap was quite soft, creamy it can be said, and so it remained in a liquid state and did not become a gel.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR
TO MAKE DETERGENT POWDER AT HOME
This Eco-friendly detergent for the washing machine can be made with bar soap purchased as Castilla 100% vegetable or Fels Naptha, but we must bear in mind that the next day of preparation, the soap becomes gelatinous or very thick, so it is convenient to Leave it in a large covered container and wait for the next day. After that, they will have to add a little water to dissolve it, and thus be able to pass it to smaller containers that are easy to handle.