As you all know, now it has been made mandatory to make a death certificate in India. After the death of every citizen of India, this certificate will have to be made by the family of the deceased. The deceased’s family will have to apply to get the certificate made. This certificate can be made both online and offline. Today we will tell you through this article death certificate Going to provide all the essential information related to the application. Like, what is a death certificate? Its benefits, purpose, features, eligibility, important documents, the application process, etc. If you Death Certificate, If you want to get complete information related to the online application, you are requested to read this article until the end.
How to Get Death Certificate?
In this certificate, information about the cause of death, date etc., is available of the deceased. This certificate is mandatory for citizens of every religion. Through this certificate, the property of the dead can be handed over to the nominee. Apart from this, this certificate is also mandatory for claiming insurance. Death Certificate It has to be made within 21 days of death. If the deceased family has not got the certificate made within 21 days, they have to pay the fine. The deceased’s family also has to pay a prescribed fee for getting the death registration done. This fee has been set differently for different states.
Death Certificate Application
The families of the deceased have to apply to get the same. You can make this application online, or you can also use it offline to get the certificate. If you apply offline, you will have to go to the government office, but if you want to apply online, you do not need to go to any government office. You can apply online by visiting the official website.
Key Highlights OF Death Certificate
|scheme name||death certificate online application|
|who launched||Indian government|
|beneficiary||citizens of india|
|an objective||Applying for getting a death certificate|
Death Certificate Online Application Purpose
The primary purpose of the death certificate online application is to make an online application of every deceased citizen. This application can be made through the official website sitting at home. For this, you do not need to visit any government office. This will save both time and money and bring transparency to the system. After the death of a member of the family, the family members have to face many problems. Such as giving property to the nominee, claiming insurance, taking advantage of any government scheme, etc.; from all these problems, Death Certificate Salvation can be found by getting it done. Because of all these, this certificate is used as an essential document.
Benefits and Features of Death Certificate
- It is an essential government document.
- This certificate is issued to the relatives of the deceased.
- The information about the cause of death, date etc., is available in the certificate.
- The government has made it mandatory to make a death certificate.
- Citizens of every religion will now have to get this certificate made.
- Through this certificate, the deceased’s property can be handed over to the nominee; insurance can be claimed, government schemes can be availed etc.
- Death registration has to be done within 21 days of death.
- If the deceased family has not registered the death within 21 days, they have to pay the fine.
- To get the death registration done, the deceased’s family has to pay a prescribed fee.
- This fee varies from state to state.
- You can apply for this certificate through both online and offline means.
Death Certificate Online Application Eligibility & Important Documents
- The applicant should be a relative of the deceased.
- Ration card of deceased
- Aadhar Card
- identity card
- Application letter
- Passport size photograph of the deceased
Process to apply death certificate online
if you death certificate If you want to apply online, then you have to follow the following procedure.
- First of all, you have to go to your state’s official website.
- Now the home page will open in front of you.
- You have to click on the Apply Now option on the home page.
- After this, the application form will open in front of you.
- You have to enter all the essential information in this application form like your name, mobile number, email id etc.
- After that, you have to upload all the vital documents.
- Now you have to click on submit button.
- Thus your death certificate. You can apply online to get it done.
Process to apply death certificate offline
- First, you have to go to the district office.
- Now you have to get the death registration form from there.
- After this, you have to enter all the essential information asked on this phone.
- Now you have to attach all the necessary documents from the form.
- After this, you have to submit this form to the district office.
- Thus you will be able to apply death certificate offline.
- Now you will be provided with a reference number.
- You must keep this reference number handy.
- Through this reference number, you can track the registration status.