The difference between a profession and an occupation that is people who specialize in some specific tasks or jobs are needed. That specific job is known as a profession, while when an individual is said to be engaged in some business, it hints at the period of that person that relates to an activity.
Occupation is the action or exercise that an individual has enjoyed with the idea of earning money; the moment an individual is said to be involved in any business, it alludes to the phase of that individual that is associated with a movement.
For example. Being a seller, being busy in a job, etc.
There are different types of occupation, namely:-
1. A profession
2. A job.
3. A business
Not everyone is a specialist in every field. Therefore, there is a requirement for persons who represent considerable authority in particular errands or occupations. That particular occupation is a profession.
Understanding the difference between a profession and an occupation is also essential, as many people use them interchangeably.
Profession vs Occupation
A profession is a field of work where a person has a job. A person must have an adequate amount of training in the respective field of work. A profession is a source of money in someone’s life. It’s where they earn from.
Sometimes this word is also used for many other purposes instead of referring to a job. For example. My profession is a librarian.
The profession types are: –
Comparison table between profession and occupation
In the job market, there is a need for people who specialize in specific tasks or jobs, referred to as a profession.
When a person is said to be engaged in some business, it refers to the stage of that person being involved in some kind of activity.
A profession helps provide employment and also acts as the foundation of a community.
We all need food and money to survive and occupation is a way people earn and live their lives.
· Gives responsibility.
· Provides income.
· Increases the level of efficiency of people
· Source of cash inflow.
What is the Profession?
A profession is a field of work where a person has a job. A person must have sufficient training in the particular field of a job. A profession is a source of cash in people’s lives. It is a source of obtaining money for them.
This word is also used for different purposes instead of alluding to a vocation from time to time. For example. I am a doctor by
Not everyone is an expert in every field. Therefore, people who specialize in some specific tasks or jobs are needed. That specific job is known as a profession, for example. A doctor is a medical specialist, and a lawyer is a father-in-law.
A profession helps expand the business degree and lays the foundation for a network.
The types of professions are:-
Some advantages of a profession are:-
- It makes people more efficient.
- Increase the level of skills.
- It makes people more responsible.
What is occupation?
Occupation is suggested as the development or activities that an individual is appreciated for earning money. When an individual is said to be locked in any business, it suggests that individual’s time, which is connected with a turn of events.
For example. Being a doctor or engineer, busy in a working state, etc.
The different types of occupations are, namely:-
- A profession
- A job.
Some of the main characteristics of the occupation are: –
- It is a source of income.
- The livelihood of the people depends on it.
- It keeps people energized to compete in the marketplace.
Some of the advantages of occupation are:-
- Income source.
- Keeps people busy.
- It gives a feeling of satisfaction with life.
Main differences between Profession and occupation
- The main difference between a profession and an occupation is that people who specialize in some specific tasks or jobs are needed. That job is known as a profession. When an individual is said to be insured with some business, that person’s hour is recommended, associated with an unforeseen development.
- A call helps expand the business level and establishes a system’s foundation. On the other hand, we all need food and money to survive, and occupation is how people earn and live their lives.
- A profession is a field of work where a person has a job, while an occupation is known as a business that a person engages in to earn cash.
- The Profession gives us responsibility and responsibilities, while the occupation is something that makes people compete in the market.
- The Profession makes people more efficient and also increases their level of skills. On the other hand, occupation depends on which people’s livelihood.
In this world of competition, no one can excel at everything, so people try to become skilful in one field. That field is called a profession. Occupation is known as the activity or activities in which a person is engaged for the concept of earning money. When a person is said to be engaged in some business, it refers to the stage of that person being involved in some activity.
Courtesy: Queens College of Vocational Education