As you all know, providing electricity to the villages by the government is going on very fast. Keeping this in mind, the Central Government has DeenDayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana is initiated. Today we are going to provide you all the important information related to this scheme through this article. So friends, if you want to get all the important information related to Pandit DeenDayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana, you are requested to read this article of ours till the end.
DeenDayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
Electricity will be provided to every village of the country through this scheme. The main objective of this scheme is to provide electricity to the farmers in the fields. And to provide transformers, feeders and electricity meters for the fields. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana It was started by the Prime Minister of our country Shri Narendra Modi in the year 2014. This scheme has been started by the government by replacing the Rajiv Gandhi Gramin Vidyutikaran Yojana. Through this scheme, continuous power supply will be provided throughout rural India. It was announced by the government that within this scheme 18,452 villages would be electrified in 1000 days.
Approval of the power distribution company reform plan given by the cabinet
An amount of Rs 3.03 trillion has been approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs to implement the Electricity Distribution Company Reform Scheme on 30 June 2021. Out of which, The Central Government will share Rs 97631 crore. This electricity distribution company reform scheme was also announced in the Union Budget earlier this year. Under this scheme, Integrated Electricity Development Scheme and Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana will be included. State-run Power Finance Corporation and Rural Electrification Corporation will be the nodal agencies to implement this scheme.
Funds will be released to the discoms for the operation of the scheme by the nodal agency. Information related to this scheme was also provided by our country’s Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman while announcing the relief package for the coronavirus pandemic, and it was told that the central government’s share under this scheme would be 97631 crores.
Electricity Distribution Company Reform Plan Smart Metering System and Artificial Intelligence
Through the power distribution company has reformed scheme, the infrastructure of the discom and power department will be strengthened by providing financial assistance. The private sector discoms cannot avail the benefit of this scheme. This financial assistance will be provided only when the DISCOMs fulfill the eligibility criteria. The benefit of this scheme can be availed by the discoms only when they work on their plans and fulfill the target. The technical and commercial losses can be reduced from 21.4% to 12 to 15% through this scheme.
The power supply can be made reliable through this scheme, and the quality of electricity can be improved. A smart metering ecosystem will also be established through this scheme. In which about 250 million families will be covered. The first phase of this scheme will be operated by December 2023, in which about 100 crore prepaid smart meters are proposed to be installed. This scheme will enable DISCOMs to work with modern technology. Artificial Intelligence will also be used for the operation of this scheme.
Key Highlights OF Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
|scheme name||Deendayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana|
|who launched||Indian government|
|beneficiary||citizens living in rural areas|
|an objective||providing electricity|
Budget of Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
For this plan, the Indian government has invested Rs 43,033 crore, out of which only Rs 33,453 crore has been spent. This Deendayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana All DISCOMs are eligible under In which the discoms of private and state electricity departments also come.
Financial funding mechanism under Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
The grant share under this scheme is 85% for special category states and 60% for other states. Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttarakhand are in a special category. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana There is a provision to complete this scheme within 24 months.
Deendayal Upadhyay Village Jyoti Yojana Monitoring Committee
Under this scheme, a monitoring committee will be constituted under the chairmanship of the Energy Secretary. This committee will approve and implement the projects under this scheme. Under this scheme, an agreement will be signed between the Ministry of Power, Discom, and the State Government, under which the guidelines for this scheme will be. With this, the nodal agency for this scheme will be Rural Electrification Corporation Limited.
Purpose of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
The main objective of this scheme is to provide electricity facilities to all the rural areas of the country. The standard of living of rural India will improve through this scheme. Citizens will get electricity facilities so that they will be able to do their farming more easily. Feeders, transformers, and electricity meters will be provided to the farmers.
Benefits and Features of Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
- Electricity will be provided to every village of the country through this scheme.
- Farmers will also get electricity through this scheme and transformers, feeders and electricity meters will also be provided.
- Deendayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana It will improve the standard of living of rural citizens.
- The Prime Minister of our country, Shri Narendra Modi had started this scheme in the year 2014.
- This scheme has been established in place of Rajiv Gandhi Gramin Vidyutikaran Yojana.
- Under this scheme, electricity will be provided to 18,452 villages in 1000 days.
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana A budget of Rs 43,033 crore has been set by the government under the
- Under this scheme, 85% of the grant will be given to a special category state and 60% to another state.
- The nodal agency for this scheme is Rural Electrification Corporation Limited.
- All DISCOMs are eligible for financial assistance under this scheme.
- Along with this, small and domestic industries will also develop.
- Health, education, and banking services will also improve through this scheme.
- Internet facilities will also be available through this scheme, due to which unemployment will also fall.
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana Through this, the agricultural yield will also increase.
- Electricity will also reach schools, panchayats, hospitals, and police stations through this scheme. It will lead to the development of all these departments.
We have brought you through this article Deendayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana UPSC. All the relevant information has been provided. If you are still facing any problems, you can ask us by commenting in the comment box. Your comment is very important for us. We would love to assist you fully.