Affordable Rental Housing Scheme
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched a new scheme under the objective of Atma Nirbhar Bharat. The Ministry Of Housing And Urban Affairs is launching the Affordable Rental Housing Scheme for poor people. It will help in the significant improvement of the daily life of migrants and the poor people of India. Today, this article will share the details about the new scheme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This scheme will also be running under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana for the urban population. In this article, you will learn about all of the details related to the scheme, including the eligibility criteria, education criteria, and the step-by-step procedure to apply for it without getting any problems.
The Affordable Rental Housing scheme will help people such as migrants and poor people living in the urban population. Through this scheme, the existing government-funded vacant houses in the cities will be converted into the Affordable Rental Housing Scheme under the public-private partnership model or public agencies. It is a centrally sponsored scheme. In this scheme, construction, operation, and maintenance of affordable renting houses complexes will be done, which are available on vacant land. As per the concerned authorities, this scheme will help create at least 40 houses with basic infrastructure facilities. The houses will comprise of single bedroom up to 30 square meters for a double bedroom up to 60 square meters. These houses will have a living area, kitchen, toilet, bathroom, and bed. Local authorities and entertainers will fix it, and they can be operated for a minimum of 25 years.
Affordable Rental Housing Scheme Deduction Extended Till 2022
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched an affordable rental housing scheme to provide houses to migrant workers. It is an initiative of the Central government to provide houses to everyone by 2022. To promote affordable rental housing schemes, the government has made some announcements in the union budget 2021-22. The government has allowed tax exemption for notified affordable housing for migrant workers.
- The 1.5 lakh deduction on payment of interest for affordable rental housing is also extended by one year by 2022. In the budget speech, it was also announced to provide tax exemption for rental housing projects.
- The government will also announce certain new tax exemptions for the affordable rental housing projects.
- Now migrant workers will be able to get affordable rental houses. This scheme was launched under the prime minister’s initiative of housing for all by 2022.
Implementation Procedure Of Affordable Rental Housing Scheme
The Affordable Housing scheme will be funded by a fund which the National Housing Bank creates. It has a balance of around 10000 crores which will provide financial assistance to the Housing Finance Companies. These companies will be taking individual housing loans to offer housing facilities in specific rural and urban areas of the country.
This is an initiative under Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
Overview Of Affordable Rental Housing Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Affordable Rental Housing Scheme|
|Type Of Scheme||Central Government Scheme|
|Announced By||Mr. Narendra Modi|
|Start Date of Apply Online||Available Soon|
|Beneficiary||Poor People Of India|
Beneficiaries Under ARHCs Scheme
The beneficiaries of the affordable renting housing scheme are:-
- EWS or LIG categories
- LIG households are defined as families having an annual income between Rs. 3,00,001 (Rupees Three Lakh One) up to Rs. 6,00,000
- Urban migrates or poor people living in urban areas
- The scheme will also include-
- Rickshaw pullers and other basic service providers
- It will also include industrial workers and migraine working in
- Market or trade association
- educational and health institution
- Long-term tourists visited
- Or any other vulnerable categories.
Objective Of Affordable Rental Housing Scheme
The objectives of the scheme are as follow:-
- Helping the vision of Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan created by the Prime Minister
- Giving affordable rental houses for urban migrates and poor people
- Achieving the objective of housing for all
- Providing necessary civic amenities to the poor people
- Creating a positive environment for all of the poor people
- Creating leverage of investment
- Helping the workforce
- Creating houses on vacant lands
Background Of ARHCs Scheme
Jawaharlal Nehru National urban renewal mission and Rajiv Awas Yojana were launched in 2005 and were working till 2014. The aim was to provide pucca houses to the slum dwellers on an ownership basis. Several people got benefits from the scheme. 13.83 lakh houses were made, and around 12.24 lacs houses have been completed to date. The concerned authorities still have not made the remaining houses, and around 1.08 lakh houses under the schemes are still vacant. A large portion of this vacant land is lying unutilized. This scheme of affordable rental houses has been launched to use these vacant lands available in different areas in the country.
24 States/union Territories To Sign Pact
Out of 36 States of India 24 states are ready to sign pacts with the Central Government to implement affordable rental housing scheme. The central government is all set to sign the agreements with the States within a month. The list of these 24 States is as follows:-
- Andhra Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- Daman and Diu
Duration Of Affordable Rental Housing Scheme
The duration for the affordable rental houses scheme are as follows:-
- The projects will be considered and funded till the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana mission last date that is March 2022
- Project which will be approved under the scheme will continue for the next 18 months so that the funds can be enabled
Light House Projects Under ARHCs
The following lighthouses project will also be undertaken under the scheme launched by the concerned authorities:-
- Six Light House Projects (LHP) consisting of about 1,000 houses each with physical & social infrastructure facilities are being constructed at six places across the country namely-
- These projects will showcase the use of the six distinct shortlisted innovative technologies for field-level application, learning and replication.
- LHPs will demonstrate and deliver ready to live mass housing at an expedited pace as compared to conventional brick and mortar construction and will be more economical, sustainable, of high quality and durability.
- These projects shall serve as Live laboratories for all stakeholders including R&D leading to the successful transfer of technologies from the lab to the field.
Model For Houses Under Affordable Rental Housing Scheme
The houses will accepting the following model presented by the concerned authorities:-
|Type||Carpet area||Unit Structure||Ratio|
|Single bedroom||Up to 30 square meter||1 bedroom, living room, kitchen, bathroom, toilet||Ratio may vary as per project requirement|
|Dormitory||Up to 10 square meter||Separate bad, side table, shelf, locker, common facilities of kitchen, toilet||Ratio may vary as per project requirement|
|Double bedroom||Up to 60 square meter||2 bedroom, living room, kitchen, bathroom, toilet||33% of total dwelling unit is permissible|
Application Procedure Of Affordable Rental Housing Scheme
- The Private & Public Entities who wish to register under ARHCs Scheme firstly they need to visit at the official website.
- Now at the official website of the ARHCs, you will get Online Registration option in the menu bar of the website.
- Now Click on the option and read and fill the mandatory details such as:-
- Name of Enterprises / Business
- Type of Organization / Business
- Registered address
- Postal Code
- Name of Owner / Applicant as printed on Aadhaar Card
- Mobile No
- Email Id
- Now in the fill the verify Captcha Code and Click on the submit button.
Procedure To Login On The Portal
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of Affordable rental housing scheme
- The home page will open in front of you
- The home page you are required to click on login.
- Now you have to enter your user ID, password and captcha code
- After that you have to click on submit
- By following this procedure you can log in on the portal
If you are still facing any problem, you can contact the helpline number or write an email to solve your problem. The helpline number and email ID is as follows:-